Monday, July 7, 2008

Tofu Scramble


The thought kinda freaked me out with the faux eggs and all but i decided to be adventurous and attempt it. I ordered some black salt off the internet- Not knowing what it was. It is and indian spice that has a sulfur (eggy) smell.This was my inspiration--- I was so surprised and now it is my favorite breakfast food! So easy to make.
I used Isa's recipe from Vegan with a Vengence
1 T olive oil
1 onion cut into cubes
2 cups of mushrooms and any other veggies of choice
3 cloves of garlic
1 lb of tofu drained
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
juice of 1/2 a lemon

Spices-
2t ground cumin
1 t dried thyme
1 t paprika
1/2 t tumeric
1 t salt
I added the black salt about 1 t

Saute veggies and garlic. Add the spice blend. Add water to the bottom of the pan if needed to deglaze it. Crumble in tofu and mix well- let it remain chunky. Let cook for 15 min adding water if needed. Mine was preety wet to begin with so i didnt need it. Add lemon juice. Add nutritional yeat and mix up.
EAT and ENJOY

No comments: