Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Puzzled...


I received an email in my inbox today which i subscribe from diseaseproof.com. They send frequent emails about health reports and evaluations of recent literature and findings. I receive on today that got me thinking of how people pick and choose the "health" aspects of thier life. This one piece of literature stated that vegatarians and vegans are 12 percent less likely to develop cancer than meat eaters and the advantage is particularly marked when it comes to cancers of the blood, which becomes a shocking 45% less. OK that speaks to me... How about you??
It brought me to thinking about how this fact does not effect others. 45% LESS. People are not willing to sacrifice but they do like to add things to their already established habits. ie. My dad will not change what he eats- but will add vitamins daily- a whole handful and those nuts with the "good fats" for an evening snack. He reads all about the literature to find the best vitamins but the glaring evidence about not eating meat and having a overall 12% chance less likely to develop cancer. Why wouldn't you change this???? Think about it.

No comments: