Monday, April 28, 2008

New York! New York!

My best friend took me to NY for the day on Saturday to celebrate me getting my Doctorate in Physical Therapy and becoming a Certified Yoga Instructor. We had such an amazing time. It was a full day of firsts, exploring the city, shopping and a Broadway show. We arrived early and hit up Canal street right away. Then strolled around china town where we had some delishious vegan tofu ice cream (didnt get a pic), A got some dried sweet potatoes, and i picked up some Jumbo chestnuts. Back to 5th avenue for shopping before the 2pm show.





Legally Blonde-very cute, my personal favorites were the dogs. It was a broadway first for both of us. Then was dinner- she chose an all Vegan restuarant for me called Zen Palate on the corner of 46th and 9th.


It was hard to choose but I had the Sesame Mediallions- Seitan in an Asian BBq sauce with steamed broc, red and brown rice and 2 spring rolls with a ginger soy dipping sauce. The BEST seitan meal I have ever had.



















Amy got Fettuccine rice noodles with beansprouts, snow peas, other veggies and Zenham.
We had a banana pie dessert but we ate it so fast i didnt get a pic. To burn off all the calories we hit the streets shopping again- then both tired we returned to Penn station to catch the train back. What a great day. Thanks again!

No comments: