Friday, May 23, 2008

Cinco de Mayo

Tamale Pie






Ok so my internet was not "working" and I am a little late with this post but i wanted to share it. We had a cinco de Mayo party at work--on the 8th for some may birthdays. We know how to party in the outpatient PT department. I wanted to try out the Tamale Pie from Joanna's Yellow Rose recipes. With a few minor changes it was a hit. Cornmeal, spicyonion and tomato layer, double bean layer and cheese sause from Veganomicon with more cornmeal topping.


For dessert: Mexican Hot Chocolate Cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes take over the world
ok so they look a little funny- they were basically just the tops cause they stuck to the pan but they still tasted good and still got eaten.



Here they are in my new silicone muffin baking pan which i thought they wouldnt stick to but aparently you still have to grease the silicone. I tried it again and it does work once you spray the pan







No comments: